Friday 6 March 2015

    After the show, we talked a little about what we were proud of our performance and what we had wished to improve or change. I personally was very proud of the songs, since I was very nervous performing them. I am not very experienced singer, nor ukulele player, so performing 4-5 songs and songs in between the scenes was a challenge for me. I have only been playing the ukulele for a year, and done a performance with it once, and I have little experience in singing before this. I was also given the responsibility to lead some of the music rehearsals with the first years. Now, I can say was very proud of all of the musicians for their hard work and I feel we did pretty well during the performance. 
   What I would have wanted to improve was the relationships between Feste and the other characters, especially with Malvolio. I was so focused on getting the character of Sir Topas in the scene 4.2., that me and Michael didn't really have a play around what our characters could have done to interact with each other physically, perhaps creating a more comedic atmosphere and show Feste's resentment towards him. I would have also wanted to show the relationship with between Viola and Feste during the last scene, since they have had some banter earlier in the play, but I found it hard to do that with Sophia, since she wasn't really giving me anything back during the scene, so I gave up on this quite early on in the development.  
  I think something to work on for me would have also been diction, clarity and fluency of my lines. I can remember messing up on some of my lines, nothing major, but it could have affected the way the audience understood it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment